Take a fun and inspiring Greek baking class and learn all about kneading dough, creating cookies, and baking pies. In this cooking class experience, under the guidance of your skilled baker, you’ll learn how to make a few of the specialties Greek cuisine is famous for!
DURATION: 4 hours
STARTING TIME: 9.00 am
MEETING POINT: The Greek Kitchen, Athinas 36, 2nd floor, 10551 Athens.
LANGUAGES: English, Greek
OPEN SEASONS: All year round
WHO CAN COME: The tour is suitable for everyone. Baking is a perfect activity for families who love to cook together. Not wheelchair accessible.
Highlights◾ Learn from your skilful baker how to make Greek bread and pastries
◾ bake your own cookies and eat what you make in the class
◾ Listen to your instructor about the importance of baking in Greek culture
Description - What to expectThe baking class experience at The Greek Kitchen is enjoyable for everyone, whether an experienced baker or not. Your local home baker will be available to guide you through every step and make sure you come out with a good bunch of baked goods.
Baking is central to Greek cuisine. Every Greek family knows how to cook cakes, traditional pies, loaves, and biscuits that go with celebrations throughout the year. Your Greek baking experience includes among else a traditional bread, a delicious pie, and a sweet treat.
It's a relaxing hands-on class where you can take your time over the morning, enjoy a cup of tea and learn amazing recipes that will stun your friends back home!
1. A traditional loaf of bread. - Generally, we'll make a classic, white traditional loaf. During festivals and religious celebrations, this will change to suit the season.
2. Greek Pies - Made from a variety of doughs, we will create a batch of mini pies that reflect what's in season at the market: from cheese to spinach and beyond...
3. A Sweet Treat - A delicious batch of local cookies made with seasonal ingredients.
What is included✔ All ingredients used in the class
✔ A splendid morning with a wonderful Greek baker
✔ Drinking water, organic Mountain Tea
✔ Coffee and/or Tea
✖ Alcoholic/soft drinks (available to purchase)
✖ Transport to and from your class
Cutoff time before activity
- 14 hours
Other listings from The Greek Kitchen
- Athens Cooking Class - 4-Hour Cooking Class with Market Visit
- Athens, Greece
- Food and Wine experiences